6 ESSENTIAL OILS TO COMBAT WRINKLES
Did you know that essential oils are nature's version of an anti-wrinkle treatment? These nutrient-packed oils help to naturally moisturize, improve skin tone, and protect the skin, without the harsh chemicals found in many popular skin care products. Here are a few that really help to fight the signs of aging:
- Sweet Almond Oil – Almond trees are common around Greece. Sweet almond oil is obtained from dried kernels of the almond tree. This oil is an excellent emollient and helps the skin to balance its loss and absorption of moisture. It is a light, non-greasy oil, rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E
- Lavender Oil – Lavender oil is one of the most widely used essential oils and is native to ancient Greece and Rome and still is today. In addition to its calming, relaxing fragrance, it is high in esters. Lavender oil can help soothe irritated skin and protect it from further damage.
- Peppermint Oil – Widely cultivated for its fragrant oil, peppermint has been used for centuries, it dates back to ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. (It's name is derived from "Mintha", a Greek nymph.) Peppermint refreshes the senses and helps invigorate and replenish tired, stressed skin.
- Sesame Oil – The use of the healthful properties of sesame seed oil can be traced back almost 5,000 years. It is a natural skin moisturizer and antioxidant, rich in lecithin, Vitamin B complex and Vitamin E, and is easily absorbed into the skin.
- Chamomile Oil – Chamomile has been mentioned in medical writings for centuries and was celebrated for its cleansing, which helps to reduce the appearance of puffiness as well to help soften the skin.
- Olive Fruit Oil – People in Greece have considered olive oil sacred for thousands of years. In Greek mythology, the goddess Athena is said to have conveyed this wonderful plant to the people. Rich in Vitamins A, D, E and K, plus antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols, olive oil is an effective component in neutralizing the free radicals that damage healthy skin and contribute to aging. Olive oil helps the skin to hold moisture without clogging the pores.
If possible, choose organic essential oils to limit the exposure to pesticides and other potential contaminates. If you prefer not to purchase each essential oil individually, consider an alternative such as Athena 7 Minute Lift, recently featured on the Rachel Ray show, where each of the oils is already blended in just the right amount to give you stunning wrinkle reduction results in just minutes.